Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Goodbye September!

Sorry it has been a couple of days since my last update.


Sunday Jesse and I got professional pictures done in Tacoma (by downtown Tacoma & by Point Defiance).  We did half of our pictures with him in his ACUs, and half of them in his civilian clothing.  The photographer is awesome, if you are in the Puyallup/Tacoma/Seattle area I highly recommend her.  You can see some of her work here:


http://www.juliewattsphoto.com/


I will post more about the photos, she's going to be putting them online after she's done editing them (which should be on Sunday).  If you're on my Christmas card list you'll probably get familiar with those pictures!! :)


Monday Jesse worked most all day, and while he was working he ran into like four NCOs (non-commissioned officers) that he had served with previously with third brigade.  He had a great time catching up with them, and was psyched when he called me after work to tell me all about it.


Yesterday Jesse and I went to the Newcomers Orientation on North Fort Lewis (which was mandatory for him), and something I did go to when we got to Ft. Benning.  Nonetheless, Jesse and I learned lots of information (like Ft. Lewis has about 35,000 soldiers and over 23,000 of them are currently deployed).  We also learned a lot of new information of what is available to us through the police and through recycling (I thought it was interesting at least! I don't know about Jesse...).  They also had lots of booths which had information services that are available to military families and the surrounding area (which, for the most part, we know already).  It still was very helpful, and I have to say that I recommend going if you are coming out to Ft. Lewis!  They had a LOT of information on childcare and information on what is offered for them.  None of which I knew, because of course, we don't have any children!


We have decided also that we are going to be moving on post very soon.  We get our keys on the 19th.  I will e-mail out our address to everyone when we start our moving process.  I do have the address now, but will let you all know closer to the date.  If you happen to send mail to my parents address, that is okay, we can still get the mail of course.


I finished my day yesterday with working, when I got home my very sweet adorable husband decided that he would surprise me with a new jacket (before I left I was saying I didn't have a jacket with a hood to wear to work) and a couple of movies to watch this weekend.  It was very sweet of him!


Also, this weekend Jesse and I will be going out to the wine country (Rattlesnake Hills, Yakima Valley area) on friday.  We will be staying there for the weekend, to spend some much needed time together before deployment.  Sunday we're going to meet up with a couple people we met at Ft. Benning and that  are currently stationed at Ft. Lewis.  Jesse was in IBOLC (Infantry Basic Officer Leaders Course) with him at Ft. Benning, and his wife was in the FRG.  They also have a dog, which is a white german shepherd, so we often ran into them at the Ft. Benning dog park (I visited that park religiously).  They are very nice people who bought a house in the Olympia/Lacey area, and I know Jesse is looking forward to showing him the ropes.


In other news, there was a tsunami warning on the west coast (for those who are non-west coasters that may not have known) which was very interesting to hear about last night!  The earthquake in American Samoa had caused most of the west coast to have this warning.  I feel like since we've been back I've noticed more of these tsunami warning signs than I had before (they're posted EVERYWHERE around here it seems... We do have a lot of water!).  Also, fall has officially come as of yesterday.  It has definitely cooled off!  I officially feel cold all the time.  I guess that's to be expected from a desert baby!


I'll probably post more tomorrow, I did get my hair cut and am going to post pictures soon.  The weekend is probably going to be pretty busy, but I will post pictures of Eastern Washington when I can! I do work more next week, nearly full-time hours, but after that I'm working next to nothing since Jesse's going to be leaving soon.  Please keep Jesse in your thoughts and prayers as he prepares for deployment!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labeling

100 Day Photo Challenge 30 Days 30 Days of Thankfulness 5K AMERICA Anniversaries April 2010 Photos Around the Skagit Atlanta Baking BBQin' Birthday Celebrations Black Friday Blog Awards Blog Hop BMW's Breakfast Food Breast Cancer Awareness Care Package Stuff Christmas Christmas Cards for Our Soldiers Color of the Day Cookies Courtesy of the Red White and Blue Crazy Internet Stuff Cupcakes December 2009 Photos December 2010 Dinner Recipes DIY Do the Puyallup Easter Eastern Washington Fall Family Stuff Fishing For the Love of Animals FRG Friday Fill In Friday Follow Friends Ft. Benning Ft. Lewis Georgia Getting Crafty Getting to Know Me Good Reads Halloween Happy New Year Hawaii Healthy Food Heartbreaking Homecomings House in Washington I love Starbucks Independence Day Instagram January 2011 Jesse Jesse Updates Jesse's Army Marriage Retreat May 2010 Photos Military Spouse Awesomeness Military Spouse Round-Up Misc. Food Info Moving Right Along My Job My Parent's House Navy Stuff New House News Stories of Note Nostalgia November 2009 Photos November 2010 Ocean Shores October 2010 Oktoberfest Orange Other FRG's Photo a Day May 2012 Photo Booth Photogenic Photos from February 2010 Photos from October 2009 Photos of January 2010 Pity Parties Pool Time Post-it Note Tuesday Quote of the Day Road Trippin' Run to Remember Seahawks Seattle shelter dogs Shopping Southwestern Washington Coast Spring Spuz the Cat St. Patrick's Day Stryker the Dog Superbowl Thank a Veteran Thanksgiving The 365 Project of 2011 Thursday Five Us Time Valentine's Day Veteran's Day Visit these LInks What I'm doing these 9 months Why I LOVE the Pacific NW Wine Wednesday Winter Wordless Wednesday Yakima Wine Country