Saturday, December 5, 2009

Really, really ridiculously good looking...

Posted by Picasa

That was a line made famous by Zoolander, a character Jesse seems to idol at times...  But I had to say it!  I just wanted to post a snippet of a photo of my husband on his adventures overseas.  I have decided that next Christmas we're going to some Christmassy things.  'Now, why not do it now?' you might ask and the answer is simple:  I work in retail.  Retail and Christmas can be so hectic that you don't really get a time to do much of anything, let along enjoy the holiday.  I basically have one week -- next week -- to do all of my Christmas shopping.  After that, I'm not venturing out again unless it is to go to the Tacoma Mall to work.

I'm getting off track here, so back on to next year.  Jesse will be home, and we'll be able to do lots of stuff!  There is this train that takes you to Leavenworth, Washington for a day trip to see the tree lighting there.  Normally there is snow, and the bavarian town is absolutely beautiful.  I've never seen Leavenworth in the winter, and would love to do that.

Another thing that I would love to do is go to Illwaco, Washington (one of the most southwestern most towns in the state) and see what they do down there.  One of the big local fish markets makes a tree out of crab pots and puts lights on it.  Then they have a "tree lighting" of sorts.  They also have a lighted boat parade too which just sounds fun!  I know they have some things similar to that in Tacoma (in regard to lighted boats) because we've seen them down on the waterfront for my birthday in January.  I know Jesse would be up for this tree lighting - his favorite artist has a gallery down on the water there.  I love that beach, there's something about it that's just beautiful!

Anyway, I am going to finish up here so I can get ready for work.... As much as I don't wanna go today!  It's cold outside which doesn't help either - and my dress coat is still in storage!  Oh well I guess!

Enjoy your weekend & here are some pics of the husband - I updated the album again.


Jesse Overseas

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labeling

100 Day Photo Challenge 30 Days 30 Days of Thankfulness 5K AMERICA Anniversaries April 2010 Photos Around the Skagit Atlanta Baking BBQin' Birthday Celebrations Black Friday Blog Awards Blog Hop BMW's Breakfast Food Breast Cancer Awareness Care Package Stuff Christmas Christmas Cards for Our Soldiers Color of the Day Cookies Courtesy of the Red White and Blue Crazy Internet Stuff Cupcakes December 2009 Photos December 2010 Dinner Recipes DIY Do the Puyallup Easter Eastern Washington Fall Family Stuff Fishing For the Love of Animals FRG Friday Fill In Friday Follow Friends Ft. Benning Ft. Lewis Georgia Getting Crafty Getting to Know Me Good Reads Halloween Happy New Year Hawaii Healthy Food Heartbreaking Homecomings House in Washington I love Starbucks Independence Day Instagram January 2011 Jesse Jesse Updates Jesse's Army Marriage Retreat May 2010 Photos Military Spouse Awesomeness Military Spouse Round-Up Misc. Food Info Moving Right Along My Job My Parent's House Navy Stuff New House News Stories of Note Nostalgia November 2009 Photos November 2010 Ocean Shores October 2010 Oktoberfest Orange Other FRG's Photo a Day May 2012 Photo Booth Photogenic Photos from February 2010 Photos from October 2009 Photos of January 2010 Pity Parties Pool Time Post-it Note Tuesday Quote of the Day Road Trippin' Run to Remember Seahawks Seattle shelter dogs Shopping Southwestern Washington Coast Spring Spuz the Cat St. Patrick's Day Stryker the Dog Superbowl Thank a Veteran Thanksgiving The 365 Project of 2011 Thursday Five Us Time Valentine's Day Veteran's Day Visit these LInks What I'm doing these 9 months Why I LOVE the Pacific NW Wine Wednesday Winter Wordless Wednesday Yakima Wine Country