Sunday, December 13, 2009

Ugh, the holidays!

So this morning I woke up to my alarm and groaned.  I really didn't want to get up this morning and face the week ahead.  I had to get up though - Stryker needed his food and his pills. Then  Jesse e-mailed me and wanted to talk online, so I talked to him for a little while before he went to bed.  He has a PT test in the morning - I hope that it goes well, he hasn't done really good PT since we were in Georgia and going to Ranger school.

When I was off the computer we (me and the 'rents) looked at the paper.  I don't know what it is but this year I don't see anything I would like to have for Christmas.  This year it's just not interesting to me.  Most things on my Christmas list are things that are every day types of things, no clothes, pajamas, or stuff like that.  Maybe next year.   I am going to go out and by the Hangover (maybe Tuesday?) - my brother and dad haven't seen it yet so that make for a good movie night sometime this week.  We (dad did actually help) also figured out what we want to do for Christmas Eve and Christmas Dinners.  I told mom that I will go with to buy some food (since they're on a tighter budget this year) and pitch in where need be.

I have the day off tomorrow and have a few major things on my list to do.  I have to get Stryker a new dosage of pills.  They are working quite well, his hair seems to be growing back more and more on his nose.  I will take a picture of him soon to post.  I REALLY want to finish my Christmas shopping tomorrow.  I figured out that I am probably pretty much done with my brother and father, just have to finish up stuff with my mom.  Dad and I are going to probably go to the PX tomorrow along with a trip to the hardware store.  I know that he wants to look for some stuff for mom at the PX, and we have to get some hardware for my furniture.  It may not be a bad idea to look for some stocking stuffers while we are there, too.  Oh, and I have my first Charlie Company FRG coffee tomorrow!

The three days following that I am going to be working -- still hopefully short shifts -- with a day off on friday (my brother comes home wednesday - I think my dad wants me to be his shopping buddy so that he doesn't have to go out in all of the madness!).  Then I have six straight eight hour days following that until Christmas.  All closing shifts which, the week for Christmas, is 11:30.  Yes, I work part time and I'm working 41 hours that week.  Uck.

Things will start to settle down the closer we get to January, and I plan on getting the house situated some more.  Then I have to plan for the Valentine's Day care package.  I know, one thing at a time, but I'm keeping myself occupied for sure!  Not to mention I plan on getting up at noon on Christmas, I think I'll need the extra sleep (unless Jesse calls me of course).  My family normally just lounges around in their pajamas all day anyway.  I am really excited about Christmas dinner because we're going to be doing crab legs.  Jesse hates seafood so I thought it would be an opportune time!

Other than that, I will likely write more tomorrow.  I need to get off my behind and get myself ready for work sometime here.  It's a late one tonight - I work until 10:30 on a sunday night.  I don't really understand that... Most people work monday through friday and have to get up early, right?  Ugh, the holidays!

I will try and be more positive soon, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labeling

100 Day Photo Challenge 30 Days 30 Days of Thankfulness 5K AMERICA Anniversaries April 2010 Photos Around the Skagit Atlanta Baking BBQin' Birthday Celebrations Black Friday Blog Awards Blog Hop BMW's Breakfast Food Breast Cancer Awareness Care Package Stuff Christmas Christmas Cards for Our Soldiers Color of the Day Cookies Courtesy of the Red White and Blue Crazy Internet Stuff Cupcakes December 2009 Photos December 2010 Dinner Recipes DIY Do the Puyallup Easter Eastern Washington Fall Family Stuff Fishing For the Love of Animals FRG Friday Fill In Friday Follow Friends Ft. Benning Ft. Lewis Georgia Getting Crafty Getting to Know Me Good Reads Halloween Happy New Year Hawaii Healthy Food Heartbreaking Homecomings House in Washington I love Starbucks Independence Day Instagram January 2011 Jesse Jesse Updates Jesse's Army Marriage Retreat May 2010 Photos Military Spouse Awesomeness Military Spouse Round-Up Misc. Food Info Moving Right Along My Job My Parent's House Navy Stuff New House News Stories of Note Nostalgia November 2009 Photos November 2010 Ocean Shores October 2010 Oktoberfest Orange Other FRG's Photo a Day May 2012 Photo Booth Photogenic Photos from February 2010 Photos from October 2009 Photos of January 2010 Pity Parties Pool Time Post-it Note Tuesday Quote of the Day Road Trippin' Run to Remember Seahawks Seattle shelter dogs Shopping Southwestern Washington Coast Spring Spuz the Cat St. Patrick's Day Stryker the Dog Superbowl Thank a Veteran Thanksgiving The 365 Project of 2011 Thursday Five Us Time Valentine's Day Veteran's Day Visit these LInks What I'm doing these 9 months Why I LOVE the Pacific NW Wine Wednesday Winter Wordless Wednesday Yakima Wine Country