Monday, December 28, 2009

Week of Christmas

I feel like it's long overdue, so I wanted to write a blog!

The last couple weeks have been crazy!  I've tried my best to be positive, but I feel as though many things were working against me.  I did get through it though, with some bumps along the way.

Christmas Eve was good, I worked until closing time.  Go figure that the mall closed at 6, and we didn't get out of the store until 7:15.  I don't remember it being that bad ever in the history of working for the jewelry store.  I got home, not doing much until dinner time.  Mom made king crab and steak for dinner along with potatoes, green beans, and watergate salad.  I would've loved Jesse to be there.... But know he wouldn't have liked the surf and turf ;)  I stayed up to two AM wrapping presents and talking to Jesse.  Exhausted, I went to bed.

Christmas morning I got up and talked to Jesse again, he wasn't having a super busy day since it was still Christmas day there.  The family and I got up and unwrapped presents, ate breakfast, and got ready for the day.  We went to a friend's house, ate, listened to some karaoke, and came home.  We finished up our stockings, lounged around, and went to bed.

The day after Christmas mom, Taylor, and I went to the mall.  I think it was busier that I ever thought it was during Christmas, parking was horrible!  I hit up American Eagle (they always have jean sales after Christmas), got a couple of shirts, and got Jesse a couple of things also.  We also looked at Target, which was very busy.  We left, went out to a shoe store (I found some super cute zebra print heels) and went to another Target (I know we're crazy).  We went and got dinner then came home.

Sunday I worked, we were busy but not horrible.  But again, for closing at 7:00, we got out at 8:15.  I don't know why this keeps happening, but I don't close again until New Year's Eve, and I don't think we're going to have a ton of people wanting to buy jewelry.  Other than that my plans for the holiday are quiet, which to be honest I really don't mind!

Jesse is doing well, he had a good Christmas full of food, Christmas stockings from Operation Support Our Troops (OSOT), and relaxation.  I know that it is still not home, but it wasn't horrible.  We are thinking at this point in time Jesse will get leave, sometime in the springtime.

My next goals are getting our house in order, Jesse's Valentine's Day Care package (why don't people have their Valentine's Day stuff out yet?? lol), and then leave plans when he knows a date.  I also want to enroll Stryker in Petsmart classes, something I hope to look into on my next day off.

Other than that, all is well.  I'll keep you all updated on our life happenings, even as I know things will probably slow down as we get into the new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labeling

100 Day Photo Challenge 30 Days 30 Days of Thankfulness 5K AMERICA Anniversaries April 2010 Photos Around the Skagit Atlanta Baking BBQin' Birthday Celebrations Black Friday Blog Awards Blog Hop BMW's Breakfast Food Breast Cancer Awareness Care Package Stuff Christmas Christmas Cards for Our Soldiers Color of the Day Cookies Courtesy of the Red White and Blue Crazy Internet Stuff Cupcakes December 2009 Photos December 2010 Dinner Recipes DIY Do the Puyallup Easter Eastern Washington Fall Family Stuff Fishing For the Love of Animals FRG Friday Fill In Friday Follow Friends Ft. Benning Ft. Lewis Georgia Getting Crafty Getting to Know Me Good Reads Halloween Happy New Year Hawaii Healthy Food Heartbreaking Homecomings House in Washington I love Starbucks Independence Day Instagram January 2011 Jesse Jesse Updates Jesse's Army Marriage Retreat May 2010 Photos Military Spouse Awesomeness Military Spouse Round-Up Misc. Food Info Moving Right Along My Job My Parent's House Navy Stuff New House News Stories of Note Nostalgia November 2009 Photos November 2010 Ocean Shores October 2010 Oktoberfest Orange Other FRG's Photo a Day May 2012 Photo Booth Photogenic Photos from February 2010 Photos from October 2009 Photos of January 2010 Pity Parties Pool Time Post-it Note Tuesday Quote of the Day Road Trippin' Run to Remember Seahawks Seattle shelter dogs Shopping Southwestern Washington Coast Spring Spuz the Cat St. Patrick's Day Stryker the Dog Superbowl Thank a Veteran Thanksgiving The 365 Project of 2011 Thursday Five Us Time Valentine's Day Veteran's Day Visit these LInks What I'm doing these 9 months Why I LOVE the Pacific NW Wine Wednesday Winter Wordless Wednesday Yakima Wine Country