Wednesday, February 24, 2010

When it Rains, it Pours

So contemplating whether or not I'm going to write another blog about complaining, I figure....What the heck.

I took Stryker to the vet after work because he's developing what I believe is an ear infection.  They looked at him, updated him on his bordetella (kennel cough) shot, took a fecal sample (sounds fun, I know), and prescribed me some meds.  I seriously haven't even looked at the bill because after November, December, and January's shenanigans, I don't want to know the dollar amount for our dog.  Don't get me wrong I wouldn't change anything (love him to pieces) but lordy.

Backing this up a little, I pull into the parking lot for the animal hospital, seeing my car's reflection in the window.  I've had a (as in one) headlight out for a while.  Probably since before Christmas.  I think to myself...Wait a minute, that's not the headlight that's out.  Oh no.  No no no no no no no!!!!!!  Yep.  Both of my headlights are out.  Awesome.  It was already getting dark.  Still have to drive thirty minutes to post.

So I battle inside the vet (in heels mind you -- I worked today) trying not to get knocked over by my 90 pound lab/shepherd.  I tell the woman that this was Stryker, and I swear.  In unison, two people waiting in the waiting room say, "Stryker?"  Yes STRYKER.  Not STRIKER as in my dog is going to kill you, but STRYKER: the armored combat vehicle.  Used in a sentence:  My husband is in the Stryker Brigade.  Hello??

Anyway, I'm thrilled about all of this car stuff when I get back to my parents house.  I talk to my dad (and Jesse) and decide that I'm going to get the tabs renewed on the Civ (Jesse's car which, oops, I let the tags expire over Christmas time.  Yep, didn't realize that until a few days ago).  So, I hope that that car can hold me over until I get the CRV in, because I don't really trust the Civ much...It needs to have a little tune up of its own.  It's really a good thing that I don't work much next week.

Alright.  It's out of my system.  I will get more positive, I will try not to complain until March.  Which, yes, I realize is only 4 to 5 more days.

I.  Will.  Try.

Sigh.  I need another pint of ice cream, a bottle of wine, and a day to do nothing.  Maybe next month?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labeling

100 Day Photo Challenge 30 Days 30 Days of Thankfulness 5K AMERICA Anniversaries April 2010 Photos Around the Skagit Atlanta Baking BBQin' Birthday Celebrations Black Friday Blog Awards Blog Hop BMW's Breakfast Food Breast Cancer Awareness Care Package Stuff Christmas Christmas Cards for Our Soldiers Color of the Day Cookies Courtesy of the Red White and Blue Crazy Internet Stuff Cupcakes December 2009 Photos December 2010 Dinner Recipes DIY Do the Puyallup Easter Eastern Washington Fall Family Stuff Fishing For the Love of Animals FRG Friday Fill In Friday Follow Friends Ft. Benning Ft. Lewis Georgia Getting Crafty Getting to Know Me Good Reads Halloween Happy New Year Hawaii Healthy Food Heartbreaking Homecomings House in Washington I love Starbucks Independence Day Instagram January 2011 Jesse Jesse Updates Jesse's Army Marriage Retreat May 2010 Photos Military Spouse Awesomeness Military Spouse Round-Up Misc. Food Info Moving Right Along My Job My Parent's House Navy Stuff New House News Stories of Note Nostalgia November 2009 Photos November 2010 Ocean Shores October 2010 Oktoberfest Orange Other FRG's Photo a Day May 2012 Photo Booth Photogenic Photos from February 2010 Photos from October 2009 Photos of January 2010 Pity Parties Pool Time Post-it Note Tuesday Quote of the Day Road Trippin' Run to Remember Seahawks Seattle shelter dogs Shopping Southwestern Washington Coast Spring Spuz the Cat St. Patrick's Day Stryker the Dog Superbowl Thank a Veteran Thanksgiving The 365 Project of 2011 Thursday Five Us Time Valentine's Day Veteran's Day Visit these LInks What I'm doing these 9 months Why I LOVE the Pacific NW Wine Wednesday Winter Wordless Wednesday Yakima Wine Country