Roasted Balsamic New Potatoes
- 3 Tbs of olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp dried thyme leaves
- 1 tsp dried rosemary leaves, crushed
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 lb small red potatoes (about 17)
- 3 Tbs balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 tsp kosher (coarse) salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- Heat oven to 375*F
- In 1-cup measuring cup, mix olive oil, thyme, rosemary, nutmeg, and garlic. Cut potatoes in half; spread on nonstick 15x10x1 inch pan. Drizzle with olive oil mixture; toss to coat.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until potatoes are golden and slightly crispy. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar; toss to coat. Bake 5 minutes longer. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
If you try this, let me know how you like it!
In other news, my brother went back to Seattle today. It's going to be strange here without the kid! My hours at work continue to dwindle down, I work two days next week. More friends of ours (with 5th Brigade) recently left to go overseas. I did some shopping today, picking up a bunch of random things to send Jesse. I went to the house and FINALLY found the screws that we need to put stuff together! Very excited about that. Dad, mom, and I will be out there tomorrow putting stuff together. I bought a new bookshelf (the other one didn't quite survive the second move) and am very excited to set it up!
I brought Stryker to the house today, the first time he's been there since we've moved stuff into the house. He was SO funny because he sniffed everything. EVERYTHING. He was very weary coming inside, keeping his head low, looking like he felt like he was going to get ambushed! I took pictures, and will take my camera tomorrow for more photos!
Thanks for reading!