Saturday, August 28, 2010

A Happy Post

So I am up early today {yes I know when I post this it's going to be much later...because thats how I roll}. I woke up this morning feeling like total crap {and no I'm not pregnant} and I had to get up after about an hour of battling with myself.  Jesse was sleeping in {I just heard an alarm or phone call} and I was enjoying a cup of coffee and the company of our four-legged friends.

Coffee makes everything better, or at least me happier, I think.  I don't know what it is, but I love it.  Whats even worse is that I absolutely love this weather we are having -- even though it seems more like fall than summer.  I do like this time of year:  the leaves changing, the weather becoming crisp, the fall decorations, baking treats, and Thanksgiving on the distant horizon.  But before that I am going to be going back to work {ick} for a little while at least.  In a couple of weeks I am going to be going with the husband, fam, and dogs {there will be four of them} to the beach {Long Beach to be exact} to the Rod Run to the End of the World that they host the weekend after Labor Day every year.  My husband, family, friends, sand, surf, {I would say sun, but this is Washington}, hot rods, and amazing seafood....I don't think it gets any better.  Thinking of a cool day at the beach with a cup of coffee in a sweatshirt and just....Peace.  I love it.

Yesterday we celebrated my mom's birthday, going to this place called HG Bistro in Puyallup {if you're looking for a new place to try I recommend it.  It gets busier as the night progresses so if you go on a weekend you might want to get a reservation}.  There was five of us and each one of us got something different.  I had the salmon, my mom had the stuffed chicken....It was pretty great.  We had dinner, came back to the house for some goofing around {led by my husband of course}, pictures, cheesecake, and ice cream {random, I know}.  Good times.

To round out this post, watch this video.  {I discovered this courtesy of Adventures of Superman and Mrs. S.}  You may have seen this, but it's pretty great....



Have an amazing weekend everyone!

Labeling

100 Day Photo Challenge 30 Days 30 Days of Thankfulness 5K AMERICA Anniversaries April 2010 Photos Around the Skagit Atlanta Baking BBQin' Birthday Celebrations Black Friday Blog Awards Blog Hop BMW's Breakfast Food Breast Cancer Awareness Care Package Stuff Christmas Christmas Cards for Our Soldiers Color of the Day Cookies Courtesy of the Red White and Blue Crazy Internet Stuff Cupcakes December 2009 Photos December 2010 Dinner Recipes DIY Do the Puyallup Easter Eastern Washington Fall Family Stuff Fishing For the Love of Animals FRG Friday Fill In Friday Follow Friends Ft. Benning Ft. Lewis Georgia Getting Crafty Getting to Know Me Good Reads Halloween Happy New Year Hawaii Healthy Food Heartbreaking Homecomings House in Washington I love Starbucks Independence Day Instagram January 2011 Jesse Jesse Updates Jesse's Army Marriage Retreat May 2010 Photos Military Spouse Awesomeness Military Spouse Round-Up Misc. Food Info Moving Right Along My Job My Parent's House Navy Stuff New House News Stories of Note Nostalgia November 2009 Photos November 2010 Ocean Shores October 2010 Oktoberfest Orange Other FRG's Photo a Day May 2012 Photo Booth Photogenic Photos from February 2010 Photos from October 2009 Photos of January 2010 Pity Parties Pool Time Post-it Note Tuesday Quote of the Day Road Trippin' Run to Remember Seahawks Seattle shelter dogs Shopping Southwestern Washington Coast Spring Spuz the Cat St. Patrick's Day Stryker the Dog Superbowl Thank a Veteran Thanksgiving The 365 Project of 2011 Thursday Five Us Time Valentine's Day Veteran's Day Visit these LInks What I'm doing these 9 months Why I LOVE the Pacific NW Wine Wednesday Winter Wordless Wednesday Yakima Wine Country