Guess what I made today?
Well, you've probably figured it out by now.
I'm trying some new recipes from Southern Living's Best Loved Cookie Book (btw, some amazing looking cookies in this book) and this is the first one I've tried. Let's just say, I didn't regret it!
Mississipi Mud Cookies
*Photo from Southern Living*
Prep: 25 min., Bake: 12 min. per batch
Yield: Makes about 3 dozen
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate morsels
- 1 cup plus 2 Tbsp. miniature marshmallows
1. Microwave semisweet chocolate morsels in a small microwave-safe glass bowl at HIGH 1 minute or until smooth, stirring every 30 seconds.
2. Beat butter and sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until blended after each addition. Beat in vanilla and melted chocolate.
3. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt; gradually add to chocolate mixture, beating until well blended. Stir in chopped pecans and 1/2 cup milk chocolate morsels.
4. Drop dough by heaping tablespoonfuls onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Press 3 marshmallows into each portion of dough.
5. Bake at 350° for 10 to 12 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks.