Sunday, November 15, 2009

Happy Birthday Taylor

I just wanted to write a quick blog about my brother Taylor.  He celebrated his 22nd birthday last thursday, and he decided to come home this weekend for his celebration (and as I say, presents).  We watched the movie "Up" friday night over some Papa Murphy's pizza, then went to bed.  Yesterday we did our traditional birthday gig:  Dinner.  We went to Duke's Chowder House (my mother, father, and brother all love their chowder) down on the Tacoma Waterfront.  This is also the same place we went to for our "last supper" here in Washington before we went on our adventure to Georgia early in the year.  I tried their lobster chowder -- which was interesting.  I don't think I'm much of a fan of chowder, unless of course it is salmon chowder.  I love my salmon!

After Duke's we went to the Melting Pot for an untraditional dessert.  We had dark chocolate fondue, with an array of crazy dippers which included small pieces of cheesecake, marshmallows, chocolate covered marshmallows, strawberries, bananas, and rice crispy treats.  I seriously think that the Melting Pot has the BEST dark chocolate EVER!  We then headed home for gifts.  He got a Crock-Pot and toaster (both of which he didn't have at his apartment), a tie, some Starbuck's VIA instant coffee, a coffee mug (which has a nifty little compartment to store the coffee packets), a flannel shirt, and a cookbook in which I supplied him with some of our favorite recipes.  Who doesn't like a man that cooks??

Today has been relatively uneventful thus far, I have heard from Jesse even though we both thought our conversations would be few and far between for a while.  I really need to start writing stuff down to remember to tell him!  I always feel like there is nothing to talk about... Then when we get off the phone I suddenly remember.  I'm a major fan of lists.... Jesse told me that I would be ok when he left because I would make all of my lists of stuff to do and get things done.  He's such a goofball.

It still will be probably another month before we get a decent address for him.  There is also a really good chance that once he has a change in venue he will not have access to phone or internet AT ALL.  I'm thinking there is a possibility that he might get access every three weeks or so, but we will see how that goes.

That is all for now!  I will post November photos soon -- possibly later tonight after we drop my brother off in Seattle!  OH -- and the countdown is almost on --  Just a little over a week until we get keys to our NEW HOUSE!! Yay! :)


November 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labeling

100 Day Photo Challenge 30 Days 30 Days of Thankfulness 5K AMERICA Anniversaries April 2010 Photos Around the Skagit Atlanta Baking BBQin' Birthday Celebrations Black Friday Blog Awards Blog Hop BMW's Breakfast Food Breast Cancer Awareness Care Package Stuff Christmas Christmas Cards for Our Soldiers Color of the Day Cookies Courtesy of the Red White and Blue Crazy Internet Stuff Cupcakes December 2009 Photos December 2010 Dinner Recipes DIY Do the Puyallup Easter Eastern Washington Fall Family Stuff Fishing For the Love of Animals FRG Friday Fill In Friday Follow Friends Ft. Benning Ft. Lewis Georgia Getting Crafty Getting to Know Me Good Reads Halloween Happy New Year Hawaii Healthy Food Heartbreaking Homecomings House in Washington I love Starbucks Independence Day Instagram January 2011 Jesse Jesse Updates Jesse's Army Marriage Retreat May 2010 Photos Military Spouse Awesomeness Military Spouse Round-Up Misc. Food Info Moving Right Along My Job My Parent's House Navy Stuff New House News Stories of Note Nostalgia November 2009 Photos November 2010 Ocean Shores October 2010 Oktoberfest Orange Other FRG's Photo a Day May 2012 Photo Booth Photogenic Photos from February 2010 Photos from October 2009 Photos of January 2010 Pity Parties Pool Time Post-it Note Tuesday Quote of the Day Road Trippin' Run to Remember Seahawks Seattle shelter dogs Shopping Southwestern Washington Coast Spring Spuz the Cat St. Patrick's Day Stryker the Dog Superbowl Thank a Veteran Thanksgiving The 365 Project of 2011 Thursday Five Us Time Valentine's Day Veteran's Day Visit these LInks What I'm doing these 9 months Why I LOVE the Pacific NW Wine Wednesday Winter Wordless Wednesday Yakima Wine Country