Sunday, November 1, 2009

Jesse Has a Battalion!

Jesse called me and let me know that he does have a battalion now.  He hasn't linked up with them as of yet, but should be with them in 1-2 weeks.  He is going to be with 2nd Battalion, 1st Infantry Regiment (also known as 2-1)!  We are both very happy, and it really does take a load off because 2-1 is a battalion that hasn't been making the news as often as some other battalions.  So it's very exciting!!

He doesn't have an address or a platoon, and probably won't have either for a little while.  He also does not have good access to internet.  So, talking or contacting him through Facebook or e-mail is probably not really going to happen much or if at all.  Land lines also are hard to come by, there are a few phones but not many and usually there are a lot of long lines.

For me today was an interesting day, my brother had come home for the weekend and we drove him back up to the University of Washington today.  We swung by the Apple Store in the University District on the way home to check out some stuff.  Then my dad and I went by the storage unit to check on our household goods that are in storage, and changed out the damp-rid in there.  I made some mental notes on how much stuff we have in storage and what I might be able to move in our CRV.  After we came home and I went with mom out to the store.  We looked at all kinds of cute stuff, I picked up some candy here and there to send Jesse.  Also since Jesse is going to be gone for such a long time, I've been stocking up on baking supplies and stuff, and with the holidays coming up everything is on sale so I say, why not?

Other than that, like I did say earlier, Jesse won't have an address for a while yet.  I will make sure to post it when I do get it.  I already have a box ready to start packing for him!

That is all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labeling

100 Day Photo Challenge 30 Days 30 Days of Thankfulness 5K AMERICA Anniversaries April 2010 Photos Around the Skagit Atlanta Baking BBQin' Birthday Celebrations Black Friday Blog Awards Blog Hop BMW's Breakfast Food Breast Cancer Awareness Care Package Stuff Christmas Christmas Cards for Our Soldiers Color of the Day Cookies Courtesy of the Red White and Blue Crazy Internet Stuff Cupcakes December 2009 Photos December 2010 Dinner Recipes DIY Do the Puyallup Easter Eastern Washington Fall Family Stuff Fishing For the Love of Animals FRG Friday Fill In Friday Follow Friends Ft. Benning Ft. Lewis Georgia Getting Crafty Getting to Know Me Good Reads Halloween Happy New Year Hawaii Healthy Food Heartbreaking Homecomings House in Washington I love Starbucks Independence Day Instagram January 2011 Jesse Jesse Updates Jesse's Army Marriage Retreat May 2010 Photos Military Spouse Awesomeness Military Spouse Round-Up Misc. Food Info Moving Right Along My Job My Parent's House Navy Stuff New House News Stories of Note Nostalgia November 2009 Photos November 2010 Ocean Shores October 2010 Oktoberfest Orange Other FRG's Photo a Day May 2012 Photo Booth Photogenic Photos from February 2010 Photos from October 2009 Photos of January 2010 Pity Parties Pool Time Post-it Note Tuesday Quote of the Day Road Trippin' Run to Remember Seahawks Seattle shelter dogs Shopping Southwestern Washington Coast Spring Spuz the Cat St. Patrick's Day Stryker the Dog Superbowl Thank a Veteran Thanksgiving The 365 Project of 2011 Thursday Five Us Time Valentine's Day Veteran's Day Visit these LInks What I'm doing these 9 months Why I LOVE the Pacific NW Wine Wednesday Winter Wordless Wednesday Yakima Wine Country