I personally don't think he would completely approve of the bread (I don't think it has enough peanut butter flavor) but it's moist in the inside and has the taste of bananas and a light scent of peanut butter.
A lot of people wanted this recipe, so I thought I would share with all of you (courtesy of The Mixing Bowl):
- 2 c. all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 c. butter, softened
- 1/2 c. packed brown sugar
- 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 1/2 c. peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 1/2 c. chopped walnuts (I always omit these, Jesse doesn't like nuts)
- Preheat oven to 350*F. Grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan; set aside. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, peanut butter, and eggs. Stir bananas into creamed mixture until combined. Add the flour mixture and nuts. Mix well.
- Pour patter into prepared pan. Bake 55-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 15 minutes. Remove loaf from pan to finish cooling on a wire rack. Makes 10-12 servings.
If you try it, let me know what you think!