Friday, March 5, 2010

Roller Coaster

Today basically fit into two words:  roller coaster.

The day started just fine, our manager is a bit stressed about sales.  We were decently busy all morning, I took my lunch, walked down to Starbucks (dropping my cell phone in the middle of the mall), ate, went back to work.  Our second shift came in, I started working on some repair jobs that had come in.

Then I got nicely yelled at on the phone by a jerk.  You know, I don't think that sums it up well enough.  I'll sensor myself though....but you get the picture!

I had to step in the back to compose myself...Feeling like I was going to cry.  I always tell myself, demand myself not to cry in situations like this.  I surprisingly overcame it.  But when things like this happen I often think to myself how much I want my husband.  I just think:  my husbands deployed!  Not that I expect or think that I deserve special treatment, I just believe that you never ever know what's going on in someone else's life as you are treating them like absolute crap.

Then after all was said and done, my nerves were calmed, I jumped back in the swing of things.  I didn't help many people, but the first person I helped hit on me.  Asking me if I was married, for how long, etc.  They told me that things were still good since we're still in the infancy of our marriage (for me coming up on four years doesn't seem that young).  I told them that it stays pretty fresh since my husband is in the Army and that you don't really see your husband ALL of the time (side note, like they said on the Nightly News last night: "if the Army would've wanted you to have a wife they would've issued you one"...that's a pretty good quote even though I prefer: my husband's mistress is the Army, and sometimes that bitch gets all the attention).

But anyway, that was #1.  Number 2 didn't fully divulge was he was thinking, just commenting that I was probably married with kids, and it wasn't appropriate for him to say.  Good plan.

Number 3 I guess wasn't technically "hitting on" me, but when I walked over (he was my manager's customer) he felt like he wanted to tell me everything about the pendant he just bought, the chain he was wearing, why, etc.  Totally military I might add.  He barely took his eyes off of me.

By the end of the day (I got let out early) I felt okay.  The traffic sucked. One rule about this state is the "looky-loos."  BOTH sides of 1-5 (the interstate that runs from Canada all the way to California) often has looky-loos.  So, if both sides of the freeway is stopped chances are they're gawking at someone on the side of the road with their emergency blinkers on.  One negative thing about living here is definitely the traffic.  One plus:  I actually turned on my A/C in the car.  It was that warm.  When my A/C wasn't on I enjoyed having my windows down and my sunroof open.  That is the life!

I picked up my puppy from daycare, he was so ridiculously hyped up that he was trying to play with Spuz by basically jumping on him.  90 pound jumping dog + cat = no go.  Haha.  That and Stryker wouldn't settle down and was running from room to room whining with a giant overstuffed toy in his mouth.  WoW.  He finally decided to give it a rest and pass out in our room.  Seriously, doggie daycare is awesome.  And the people at The Pet Brigade are awesome.

So right now I am fine, I think I'm going to finish my day off with some TV and a glass of wine. I'm going to try and keep motivation to get some more stuff put away around here so that when my husband gets home one leave (I'm going to start a mental countdown very soon) that I won't have anything out of place.  Haha!  Right.

Happy Friday all, and enjoy your weekend!





PS - SpouseBuzz had this great link and music video which I encourage you to watch!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labeling

100 Day Photo Challenge 30 Days 30 Days of Thankfulness 5K AMERICA Anniversaries April 2010 Photos Around the Skagit Atlanta Baking BBQin' Birthday Celebrations Black Friday Blog Awards Blog Hop BMW's Breakfast Food Breast Cancer Awareness Care Package Stuff Christmas Christmas Cards for Our Soldiers Color of the Day Cookies Courtesy of the Red White and Blue Crazy Internet Stuff Cupcakes December 2009 Photos December 2010 Dinner Recipes DIY Do the Puyallup Easter Eastern Washington Fall Family Stuff Fishing For the Love of Animals FRG Friday Fill In Friday Follow Friends Ft. Benning Ft. Lewis Georgia Getting Crafty Getting to Know Me Good Reads Halloween Happy New Year Hawaii Healthy Food Heartbreaking Homecomings House in Washington I love Starbucks Independence Day Instagram January 2011 Jesse Jesse Updates Jesse's Army Marriage Retreat May 2010 Photos Military Spouse Awesomeness Military Spouse Round-Up Misc. Food Info Moving Right Along My Job My Parent's House Navy Stuff New House News Stories of Note Nostalgia November 2009 Photos November 2010 Ocean Shores October 2010 Oktoberfest Orange Other FRG's Photo a Day May 2012 Photo Booth Photogenic Photos from February 2010 Photos from October 2009 Photos of January 2010 Pity Parties Pool Time Post-it Note Tuesday Quote of the Day Road Trippin' Run to Remember Seahawks Seattle shelter dogs Shopping Southwestern Washington Coast Spring Spuz the Cat St. Patrick's Day Stryker the Dog Superbowl Thank a Veteran Thanksgiving The 365 Project of 2011 Thursday Five Us Time Valentine's Day Veteran's Day Visit these LInks What I'm doing these 9 months Why I LOVE the Pacific NW Wine Wednesday Winter Wordless Wednesday Yakima Wine Country