Thursday, March 4, 2010

Thursday Update & My "Big" Announcement

Since I haven't updated since Tuesday, I will give ya'll a low down on what's been going on in our neck of the woods.

Cars.  Oh, how we love cars.  I took my car in on Tuesday to get the headlights changed.  While the car was there, they said they noticed a leak of some sort (from a gasket they said) and recommended me to head into Honda to have them work on the vehicle since it was probably covered under warranty.  I scheduled the appointment.

Yesterday, I bring the car in.  My dad (who was in the area because he went to the hall) met me out these since the dealership would be dealing with my car.  They said everything should be done by mid-afternoon.  But, is anything that easy??  Dad dropped our other car off at his mechanic to get looked at earlier that day.  He and I spent the rest of the day taking the dogs for a walk (separately, that's a long story).  I also made a trip out to my FRG leader's house in there too.  I get a phone call mid-afternoon (I was starting to get anxious) telling me that they changed my oil and did something with the AWD fluid by my tires (I didn't realize there was such a thing), and that they had noticed it wasn't a gasket that was causing us the leakage, it was something else that they had to reseal and let sit overnight.  Is that okay? they ask me.  DAMN.  I stuttered, then said yes.  What else was I supposed to do, and better yet, what was I supposed to do about not having a car?? Son of a...

So dad calls his mechanic to get the low-down on the Civ.  They need to replace a $300 piece (insert expletive here) but he'd try something and if that worked we'd be good to go.  So we waited for a while, I called the dealer back and made sure they proceeded with the work.  How the heck is it that both cars have issues at the same time, and both cars have to be in the shop at the same time?  I am just curious to know how this happens.  Isn't the point of having two cars (other that having each spouse have one) to be able to have a back up??  Seriously.

Thank GOODNESS we get a call back from the mechanic telling us they fixed it without needing a new part (without the $300 dent in our pocket), and we could come and get it!  I got to drive my car home, but come this morning I had to have a ride to the dealer to get my other car anyway.  I have to say this situation was a blessing in the fact that: 1. Both the cars are fixed.  2. We got both of them sitting my driveway.  I didn't know how I was going to get them on post otherwise (and my dad hates going through security on post).  This will make it much easier when Jesse comes home on leave.  *Phew.*

So today I got my car, took Stryker out, prepared dinner in the crock pot (corned beef mind you...YUM!), found my vacuum sealer, packed and sealed Jesse's St. Patrick's Day package, and loaded my recycling bin with more paper (I wish they picked up once a week!).  I gave myself a break and decided to write an update.

On to my "big" announcement...haha.  I seriously haven't been meaning to hype this, but I had to wait for the right moment for reasons you could probably understand.  But:

I am now an FRG co-leader of Jesse's company.

I'm really excited to help and to be more involved with the FRG in the ways that I can.  Besides, I know that I will have to lead a company eventually after Jesse gets promoted.  It's only a matter of time and I might as well learn now.

I don't know how often I'll be updating come next week, my schedule is a bit busier than normal with work.  I will as much as I can, and it might be more that I'm thinking now.  But, if you don't hear from me you know why!

Happy Thursday!


2 comments:

Labeling

100 Day Photo Challenge 30 Days 30 Days of Thankfulness 5K AMERICA Anniversaries April 2010 Photos Around the Skagit Atlanta Baking BBQin' Birthday Celebrations Black Friday Blog Awards Blog Hop BMW's Breakfast Food Breast Cancer Awareness Care Package Stuff Christmas Christmas Cards for Our Soldiers Color of the Day Cookies Courtesy of the Red White and Blue Crazy Internet Stuff Cupcakes December 2009 Photos December 2010 Dinner Recipes DIY Do the Puyallup Easter Eastern Washington Fall Family Stuff Fishing For the Love of Animals FRG Friday Fill In Friday Follow Friends Ft. Benning Ft. Lewis Georgia Getting Crafty Getting to Know Me Good Reads Halloween Happy New Year Hawaii Healthy Food Heartbreaking Homecomings House in Washington I love Starbucks Independence Day Instagram January 2011 Jesse Jesse Updates Jesse's Army Marriage Retreat May 2010 Photos Military Spouse Awesomeness Military Spouse Round-Up Misc. Food Info Moving Right Along My Job My Parent's House Navy Stuff New House News Stories of Note Nostalgia November 2009 Photos November 2010 Ocean Shores October 2010 Oktoberfest Orange Other FRG's Photo a Day May 2012 Photo Booth Photogenic Photos from February 2010 Photos from October 2009 Photos of January 2010 Pity Parties Pool Time Post-it Note Tuesday Quote of the Day Road Trippin' Run to Remember Seahawks Seattle shelter dogs Shopping Southwestern Washington Coast Spring Spuz the Cat St. Patrick's Day Stryker the Dog Superbowl Thank a Veteran Thanksgiving The 365 Project of 2011 Thursday Five Us Time Valentine's Day Veteran's Day Visit these LInks What I'm doing these 9 months Why I LOVE the Pacific NW Wine Wednesday Winter Wordless Wednesday Yakima Wine Country